No1 ANGEL ISLINGTON
No1 Angel Islington, London N1
Client: Vallona Springs Ltd Site: No1 Angel Islington Upper Street N1
Programme: 23 weeks Project Cost: £605K
I am most impressed with the quality of work Avondale has produced. Their standard of finish is most impressive’
Charles De Soutter
Avondale was contracted by Vallona Springs Ltd to design, build and project manage No 1 Angel Islington. The refurbishment and selection of finishes were made on the basis of creating an open plan ‘design led’ workspace for any occupier looking to benefit from a contemporary environment and full flexibility as to internal layout. The office floors now capitalise on the dual aspect and natural light. The reception area has been revealed to its true potential with Senso resin flooring.
Works consisted of:
- Armourcoat Sculptural wall and Armuralia polished plaster.
- Bespoke floating ceiling with LED hanging 'donut' lights and concealed LED down lighters.
- Building services upgraded by installation of:
• Mitsubishi VRV system.
• 3 compartment perimeter skirting trunking.
• Thorn Equaline lighting and emergency lighting.
• Access control to all areas.
• Fire detection system (L2).
• Lift car upgrade.
- New kitchenettes on 1st and 2nd floor and new supaloos on half landings with showers and WC’s in basement.
- New European Rustic Oak timber flooring on each floor.
- New plasterboard ceilings to main floors with metal pan ceiling to underside of bulkheads.
- Third floor terrace with decking.
- New acoustic secondary glazing to all floors.
- The external facade was cleaned by specialist contractors and each elevation was lit by external (LED) up lighters.