Great Charles Street
Client: Circle Property PLC Site: 36 Great Charles Street, Birmingham
Programme: 12 months Project cost: £2.5million
From my point of view the works have been hassle free, which is not always the case in my experience. I would therefore be happy to use Avondale again.
Avondale completed a prestigious refurbishment of 36 Great Charles Street in Birmingham.
Working with Fusion Building Surveyors and Thulja Design the project consisted of complete strip out of all floors back to shell.
New exposed mechanical and electrical services under a plasterboard ceiling gave a stylish look and feel to the floors.
Works consisted of:
• Refurbished WC blocks to a high standard with dark wood timber veneers and Corian vanity units being installed as part of the scheme.
• A new shower block created in the basement.
• The refurbishment of existing lifts with new lift car interiors.
• The opening up of reception lobby area to create a larger space to compliment the new refurbishment.
• The building’s brickwork and concrete panels to the front and side elevations were cleaned.
Along with the refurbishment Avondale took on the existing tenants Cat B works working with the tenants, designing and building new office layouts for them on different floors whilst refurbishing around them.
Avondale liaised with all the tenants support services including all telephony and data to enable their move dates to be hit and our overall programme to be met.